Sunday, January 1, 2012

Movie Log 2011, Fourth Quarter

Go back to: First quarter, Second quarter or Third quarter.


In theater:

-The Skin I Live In: This was quite a strange film. I guess Almodovar's films are usually on the dark and odd side, but this was extremely weird. A few loopholes and a slight creep factor. I'd watch it again just to see other peoples' reactions.


Via Netflix:

-Marwencol : This was a super interesting and strange documentary about a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury and created a fictional 1/6 scale world to obsess over.

-Sylvia : This is a movie about Sylvia Plath. I was worried this movie would be extremely depressing, and it was a bit depressing, but mostly it made me appreciate my life and feel very sorry for people with serious depression.

-The High Cost of Living : I had a hard time believing Zach Braff as a drug dealer, but this movie was good. I didn't get bored and definitely a dark sort of rom-com.

-Tiny Furniture : This was a quirky comedy/coming of age sort of thing. I liked it very much except for the ending.






No comments: